Questions to ask your team
The ideal team players take responsibility for ensuring the success of the team. They are positive and proactive, and are willing to ask questions that help them do their best work, and aid the efforts of others. Listed below are questions I've found helpful to ask myself so that I can model what it means to be an ideal team player.
Questions I ask that help me do my best work
- How often do I affirm the work of my team mates?
- How well do I care for the needs of the team?
- In what ways am I encouraging team members in their spiritual journey?
- Do I invite others to share their opinions and ideas?
- Is my passion reflected in my words and actions?
- Do I help create a sense of urgency for moving forward?
- What am I doing to deepen relationships with my team members?
Questions I ask to help others do their best work
- Do I know what is expected of me? If not, how do I find out?
- Do I have the information, materials and equipment I need to do my best work?
- Do I communicate what my needs are to others?
- Do I offer ways that my gifts and perspectives might be best utilized?
- Do I have a plan for developing my knowledge and skills for this position?
These questions cause me to think differently about what it means to be part of the team and usually change what I say and do as a team member. What might you say and do differently as a result of how you answered these questions?
REFLECTIONS | APPLICATIONS
- How often do you ask for feedback from other that helps you be more effective?
- When and where do you pause to consider ways that you can support others?
- Do you see others you work with as a source of wisdom?
- Do you know what others need to thrive in their personal and professional settings?
December 12th, 2022
Create a plan for forming faith
October 15th, 2022
Coaching for Leadership
October 10th, 2022
Embedding accountability into coaching relationships
October 5th, 2022
Coaching Teams at Work
September 19th, 2022
Breathing new life into ministry
September 12th, 2022
Using direct communication
August 29th, 2022
Creating new awareness
August 22nd, 2022
Preparing a room for painting
August 15th, 2022
Coaching Case Studies - 1
August 15th, 2022
Use the 6Fs to assess your lifeUse sprints to move fasterMeasure what mattersAsk your friends WATER questionsQuestions to ask your teamSigns that your church is stuck4 questions to ask faith mentorsDevelop active listening skills2 ways to make better decisionsMy 5 daily questionsHelping people changeWeaving Sabbath moments into daily lifeReview, rethink and reinvent your futureQuestions to reframe your future
Write better emailsA blueprint for forming faithCreate safe space for clientsBecoming a virtual organization6 barriers to extending hospitalityDevelop coaching presence5 phrases to use when coachingCreate a planning road mapHelp clients ask better questionsIndicators of spiritual maturity10 giving metrics to review annuallyAre your clients ready to be coached?