Bringing out God's best in you and your teams
Surface to Soul is a place to obtain tools and resources that help people live, lead, and love like Jesus. We help leaders align their actions, approaches, and attitudes with God's dream for the world.
We believe that living a Jesus-centered life changes everything. We are invited to be living expressions of Jesus Christ in the world, where we have opportunities to leave a legacy of God's love every day, everywhere.
- Who practice faith everyday, everywhere.
- Who cultivate authentic, affirming friendships.
- Who give generously & joyfully.
- Who exemplify God's unconditional love.
- Who celebrate & honor their callings.
- Who know & help others follow Jesus.
- Who seek to fulfill God's dreams.
- Who listen, observe, learn & reflect.
- Who inspire a shared vision.
- Who raise up new leaders.
- Who anticipate, adapt & experiment.
- Who encourage & challenge others.
Build Great Teams
- That are strategic and Spirit-driven.
- That continuously improve & innovate.
- That set, review & celebrate goals.
- That position people for maximum impact.
- That model Christ-centered community.
- That always ask, "Is there a better way?"
EQUIPPING and C O A C H I N G
leaders to . . .
clearly and consistently
Be good STEWARDS
of God's abundance
in daily life
using new roadmaps
by crafting a rule of life
to support transformation
to REINVENT your future
Jim's Interests & Experiences
Jim's Perspective on Leading Change
Jim oversees Vibrant Faith’s coaching and consulting services where he helps leaders grow vibrant faith and vital congregations through aligning people's gifts and passions with God's intentions. In the past, he has served Lutheran, Methodist and Presbyterian churches as a staff member while also training, coaching and consulting with 100s of churches across the country. Jim is author of two books, Surface to Soul and Coaching Change, that equip leaders to transform lives and church culture.
Jim believes that coaching is about asking the right questions, at the right time, with the right people to align ourselves with God’s dreams for the world. Coaching helps people discover “what is” and “what might be" as they celebrate bright spots, focuses on their strengths, and draws upon people's wisdom. If you or your leaders feel stuck and wish to move beyond a "good enough" mindset, then consider how coaching may call forth new possibilities in your life and ministries.
Husband | Father
Speaker | Trainer
Coach | Consultant
- Married for 34 years to wife, Gina.
- Father to 2 sons, Brett and Kenton.
- Enjoy travel and boating as a family.
- Onsite and online trainer for pastors and church leaders
- Host & facilitator, Leading Well Learning Retreats.
- Host & instructor for Vibrant Faith Coaching School.
- Help leaders design road maps for living & leading well.
- Coach groups toward a better, brighter future.
- Help churches become unstuck; continue to thrive.
- Author, Surface to Soul and Coaching Change.
- Presenter and host for Surface to Soul podcast.
- Content creator for Vibrant Faith Ministries.
Discover ways to live well, lead well, and coach well.
You're invited to journey with me about the things that matter most - relationships, faith, callings, and passions. If you believe that God is up to something, that God is active in this world, and that you want to be "on mission" with God for the the good of the world, then let's talk about what that looks like in your daily life.