better systems and teams
people to God , each other, and our neighbors
leaders and teams to navigate change .
who live, love, and lead like Jesus
Bringing out God's best in you and your teams.
Surface to Soul is a place to obtain tools and resources that help people live, love, and lead like Jesus. We also help leaders live well as they lead change, and align actions, approaches, and attitudes with God's dream for the world.
We believe that living a Jesus-centered life changes everything. We are invited to be living expressions of Jesus Christ in the world, where we have opportunities to leave a legacy of God's love every day, everywhere.
We Build Disciples
- Who practice faith at church, at home, online, & on the go.
- Who build trusting, Christ-centered relationships.
- Who grow generous, joyful, intentional givers.
- Who make God the subject of our daily conversations.
We Build Leaders
- Who develop skills and practices that spark change.
- Who serve out of their strengths, passions, and callings.
- Who consistently act, inspect, improve, and innovate.
- Who multiply ministry by equipping and empowering others.
We Build Great Teams
- That select the right people for the right reasons.
- That position people in right the roles and settings.
- That have clarity of purpose, outcomes, and next steps.
- That set, track, and celebrate short-term wins.
- That find better ways to do what matters most.
Join me in learning to live and lead well.
You're invited to journey with me about the things that matter most - relationships, faith, callings, and passions. If you believe that God is up to something, that God is active in this world, and that you want to be "on mission" with God for the the good of the world, then let's talk about what that looks like in your daily life.
What Jim is listening to and watching this week
What are my takeaways from Felix's audio?
List ways my communication needs to change this year.
Jim oversees Vibrant Faith’s coaching and consulting services where he helps leaders grow vibrant faith and vital congregations through aligning people's gifts and passions with God's intentions. In the past, he has served Lutheran, Methodist and Presbyterian churches as a staff member while also training, coaching and consulting with 100s of churches across the country. Jim is author of two books, Surface to Soul and Coaching Change, that equip leaders to transform lives and church culture.
Jim believes that coaching is about asking the right questions, at the right time, with the right people to align ourselves with God’s dreams for the world. Coaching helps people discover “what is” and “what might be" as they celebrate bright spots, focuses on their strengths, and draws upon people's wisdom. If you or your leaders feel stuck and wish to move beyond a "good enough" mindset, then consider how coaching might help you calls forth new possibilities in your life, church or community.
Husband & Father
Author & Trainer
Coach & Consultant
- Married for 31 years to wife, Gina.
- Father to 2 sons, Brett and Kenton.
- Enjoy travel and boating as a family.
- Author, Surface to Soul and Coaching Change.
- Facilitator, Leading Well Learning Retreats.
- Lead trainer for Vibrant Faith Coaching School.
- Coach leader into new ways of living and leading well.
- Coach groups toward a better, brighter future.
- Coach change in churches that are stuck and wish to thrive.