Welcome to Leading Well!
Join a community of curious leaders who strive to live and lead well every day. This community helps church leaders do less, do what matters, and design a lives that life-giving, purposeful, and Christ-centered. Our community and program focus on the 4 Rocks::
1 | Sabbath Rest
- Give yourself permission to rest and be renewed.
- Set better boundaries; learn to say no nicely.
- Create new rituals and rhythms of renewal.
- Remember whose you are.
2 | Practical Learning
- Crowdsource with other leaders.
- Participate in year-round Master Classes.
- Access videos, blogs, and articles on demand.
- Gain insights and ideas at Learning Retreats.
3 | Collegial Support
- Connect online on Leading Well Facebook Group.
- Meet 1-on-1 with a coach or spiritual director.
- Meet monthly as part of a coaching cohort.
- Participate in annual Leading Well Learning Retreat.
4 | Intentional Transformation
- Create an annual leadership formation plan.
- Navigate next steps with a certified coach.
- Learn steps for reinventing life and ministries.
- Develop new norms to sustain ongoing change.
- Craft a rule of life that leads to vibrant faith and vital congregations.
- Craft a leadership philosophy that embraces learning and adaptability.
- Assess your overall well-being using the Wholeness Wheel.
- Assess the health of your paid and unpaid ministry team leaders.
- Increase leadership agility via DISC/Enneagram/EQ assessments.
- Create a 1-page annual road map outline plans for living well.
- Create a 1-page annual road map outlining plans for leading well.
- Create a Leadership Formation Plan to increase your leadership agility.
- Experience collegial support via the Leading Well Facebook Group.
- Receive individual and group coaching to support your intentions..
Events & Learning Retreats
Events are listed in chronological order
- ACC-level Coach Training (Starts September 6)
- Rethink Leadership (September 26)
- Skills for Coaching Ministry Leaders (October 3)
- Rethink Communications (October 10)
- Enneagram Assessment training)
- Rethink Discipleship (October 17)
- Rethink Hospitality (October 24)
- Lay Leadership Learning Retreat (October 28)
- Reinvent Your Church (October 31)
- Reinvent Your Future (November 7)
- Leading Well Learning Retreat (November 14-17)
- Reinvent Church Systems (November 28)
- Monthly Book Discussions (held monthly)
The Leading Well programs will help you . . .
Move toward your preferred future
Evoke new awareness & possibilities
Do Less | Do what matters
- You are invited to join the Leading Well Facebook Group.
- Coaching & training events are held on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5412529630
- You will be invited to download the Surface to Soul app.
- Attitude: Be positive, present, playful, proactive, and open-minded,
- Actions: Be on time, ready to contribute, and seek to "go first."
- Assumptions: Be willing to stretch yourself and trust the process.
Build better, brighter, bolder futures
What participants are saying about Leading Well
- "I was encouraged to do less rather than adding more to my life. It was a game-changer."
- "I exercise leadership differently after defining my leadership philosophy and practices."
- "I received tools to help me give away ministry rather than doing most of it by myself."
- "The Leading Well program helped me set better work/life boundaries."
- "The training affirmed many of the gifts I have to offer others - and what I should no. longer do."
- The training and resources I received help me help other navigate change in more nimble ways."
- "I've become more comfortable with being uncomfortable."
- "Sabbath has been woven into my daily life. It's no longer a once a week mindset."
- "I've become a more strategic, forward-thinking, future-oriented leader."
- "I love the crowdsourcing that we do at the learning retreats and through Facebook."
- "I'm a more confident, calm, and capable leader now. I no longer try to control everything"
- "I've become more authentic, transparent, and relational as a leader."
- "Becoming an ICF-certified coach through this program was an unanticipated surprise."